Mission Statement: Neighbors dedicated to promoting and maintaining a sense of unity and community pride.
Vision Statement: NOMCO is a vital organization that actively and effectively collaborates with other organizations, acting as a unifying force to help support and promote Maywood’s best assets: interesting people, diverse history, lovely homes, and timely opportunity.
Strategy Screens: [These are guiding principles against which new opportunities and/or decisions can be tested and filtered for better decision-making aligned with strategic purpose.]
We will undertake activities, programs and/or make decisions that …
1. Are consistent with our mission of promoting unity and community pride.
2. Have positive impact in meeting high priority community needs.
3. Are likely to attract new and younger members.
4. Promote our image as an effective collaborator.
5. Complement rather than compete with other organizations.
Strategies: The following strategies serve as an overarching approach which need to be supported by specific action steps. The action steps and measurables to support each strategy will be fleshed out by respective committees.
1. We actively collaborate with organizations across Maywood, including youth organizations and schools.
2. We proactively communicate our mission and vision across Maywood through multiple media and other organizations.
1. We choose places to meet throughout Maywood.
2. We design programs and create an environment that is
welcoming for families and people of all ages and backgrounds
to be able to participate.
1. We ensure that all of our interactions and communications reflect our mission of promoting a sense of unity and community pride.
2. We use inclusive and proactive agenda-building techniques to foster involvement and ensure relevance.
3. We proactively anticipate leadership transitions through succession planning and project debriefs in order to model and teach new generations of members.
4. We align our committee structure to support our strategies with specific action steps, including membership, program, and communication committees.
Membership dues are $20 annually, due in September. Please join our monthly meetings - we welcome your attendance and support!
We welcome your support. Membership dues cover our normal operating expenses, and additional contributions allow us to host projects and events which showcase our village and bring our community together.
Please contact us to learn about membership, volunteer opportunities, and how to support our community initiatives.
P.O. Box #623